Saturday 27 August 2016

St George's school, Clarens, Switzerland

St George's school, Clarens, Switzerland
Here's where I was at school 1958-60.  The school is celebrating its 90th anniversary next year, and I am discussing with the organisers doing a book. The school is now co-ed, but back when I was there, it was  a school just for girls.  Like now, there were 40 nationalities.  We spoke French and English on alternate weeks.  What has become of us all, I wonder? If I decide to do a book, I will find out.

There is a thorough exploration see http://www.ju90.co.uk/css.htm of the 'Chalet School' series of books by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer.  My thought is that, by following the fate of some of my contemporaries, a light can be thrown on a more general experience of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment