- Monday Feb 20 - arrival at The Annandale Arms hotel; meeting to finalise programme with Dr Ann Shukman and Mrs Marilyn Elliott of MBE; meeting with Mr & Mrs T Gibbons re Men conference and possible tour by Mrs Gibbons to make radio programme on standup comedy in Russia.
- Tues Feb 21: lunch with Carolyn Yates, D& G literature development officer; meeting of MBE committee; visit to Elshieshields, Lochmaben, home of the late Sir Steven Runciman historian of the Orthodox Church and Byzantium courtesy of present owner Dr Ann Shukman.
- Wed Feb 22: lunch with Jenny Carr of the Scotland-Russia Forum and Sarah Mathieson of Vantage Events; meeting at the MDCI office of the organising committee of the Alexander Men Conference to be held at St Andrews church Moffat 14-17 Sept 2012; tea with Jill Hollis of Moffat-based publishers Cameron and Hollis; visit to St Andrews church (to be confirmed)
- Thurs Feb 23: 09.30 visit to Moffat Academy; arrival of Susan Richards organiser of Book Aid to Russia and author of books on Russia; pm meeting with Katherine Clemmens of Moffat Book Exchange
- Fri Feb 24: 10.30 visit to Moffat Book Exchange; 14.30 departure of Susan Richards; further meetings to be arranged
- Members of MBE and any others interested in meeting Dr Genieva during her visit to Moffat please contact Mrs Marilyn Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07885444120
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Our Russian Visitor
Moffat Book Events welcomed Dr Ekaterina Genieva. Director of the State Library for Foreign Literature, Moscow to Moffat yesterday for a week of meetings and visits. Her programme so far includes: